Okay, so rushing to get this done before work on Monday morning. We haven’t had internet at home all week which hasnt been a problem aside from doing this.
A few things that happened over the course of the week include
- going out to dinner with Alex and Corina from school which was nice to reconnect back in with the InterMedia group
- almost walking/cycling over a million hedgehogs which have come out recently. Sophia and I, whilst taking photos for work, got photobombed by 3 of them (one which was definitely about to die.) This proved a bit of a distraction as work then became RSCPA
- hanging out at Sebastianstrasse a few nights, then heading down to play pool at Mr John’s where our presence is unjustifiably definitely not wanted and I got forced into buying a beer by the bar tender (literally threatened with being kicked out)
- going on a few jogs, one with Jasmine which was nice!
- cycling to Bregenz with Mirjam and Jasmine to get icecream and pick up my start number for my first half marathon on Sunday
- entering my first half marathon (very impulsively, signed up 3 weeks ago) on Sunday and getting significantly better than I thought I would, so that was good! it’s called the 3-laender-marathon as it goes through three countries (switzerland, germany and austria). we started in germany in lindau which was pouring with rain, freezing and 4 degrees (after a super sunny week.) Ran the first 8km in a rain caot which was fun haha. Finished the race 1 hour 47 minutes later in Austria in beautiful sunshine to be met with fresh fruit, pretzels and beer. Metaphor for life, I guess. Came third in my division which I was pretty happy with 🙂
- followed that evening with a long bath and pizza and Dirty Dancing 2 at Mirjam’s with Loeki, Jasmine and Willem (who bailed on the Dirty Dancing 2 part)
Twas a good week
Hiding out from the rain in the train station
Ink running from start number (should have claimed it to be blood)
2 thoughts on “Week Thirty Two”
Hedgehogs look adorable, obviously not as adorable as you. I am so impressed with your half marathon – well done.
thanks Pol! mum raved about your 48 hours together. i hope you guys had a great time (despite the inevitable tears). much love always and I look forward to Christmas!